Early Head Start
Building A Foundation for Learning +
Helping Children Grow Up Healthy +
Supporting Children’s Optimal Development +
Empowering Parents to Teach and Nurture Their Children = EHS Stars
Early Head Start (EHS) Stars is our comprehensive child development program offering FREE linguistically and culturally appropriate health, education and social services to income eligible families that include an expectant mother and/or very young children.
Services are currently available to Randolph and Holbrook residents. The EHS Stars family-driven philosophy empowers parents to support and nurture their children, while meeting other critical social and economic goals.
EHS Stars services are provided in the family’s home through a home-visiting model. Our EHS Team consists of social workers, early childhood educators, and licensed family child care providers and is supported by a Maternal/Child Health Nurse, a Psychiatric Nurse, a Nutritionist, and Occupational and Speech/Language Therapists.
- Assistance accessing prenatal and postpartum care
- Prenatal education
- Breastfeeding information / support
- Screening/developmental assessment of children
- Health, nutrition and mental health services
- Parent/child groups
- Parent education
- Early education and child care (transportation provided if needed)
- Help accessing basic services and financial assistance
- Information, referral and advocacy
- Service coordination
All Early Head Start Stars services are free of charge to residents of Holbrook and Randolph who are income eligible.
For more information about enrollment or to refer a family to EHS Stars
call: (781) 331-8505 x 224